Thank you to ALL the volunteers who have done such a great job helping Parent Council activities this year. We couldn’t have done it without you!
We are still in need of a few key positions for 2018-2019. Time commitments are completely flexible – we know life is busy! Many hands make light work, so please consider helping out.
Co-chair of Parent Council
• Liaison between parents and school
• Small weekly time commitment (email updates, etc), Sep-Nov is busiest
• Coordination of Parent Council activities (Play Days, Staff Appreciation Breakfast, International Feast, etc)
• Overall support of fundraising events (Hoot, Silent Auction, Raffle)
• Budget creation
• Expense reimbursement & cheque signing
• Preparing floats for each event and being responsible for the collection and counting of the funds after the event
• Banking – being responsible for cash & cheques for each event, making deposits
• Maintaining the finance binder – Bank Statements, Expenses, Financial Statements, Deposit Receipts etc.
• Revenue reports for Hoot and Silent Auction – spreadsheet showing the revenue and expenses
• QuickBooks – entering expenses, preparing year end reports for TDSB in September
• Sep-Nov is busiest
Co-chair of Hoot and Howl
• Overall running of the Hoot and Howl
• Events and games management
• Coordinate sponsor donations
• Heavy time commitment Sep-Oct
Co-volunteer coordinator for Hoot and Howl
Before the Hoot:
• Reaching out to teachers, parents about volunteering
• Contacting high schools (Riverdale CI) to get student volunteers
During the Hoot:
• Supervising the high school students, making sure they are where they’re supposed to be, making sure they all get lunch, etc
• Checking people in, telling them where to go, what their job is
• Checking in on stations throughout the day, making sure they have enough volunteers, moving people around if necessary, making sure first shift people get relieved
Co-coordinator of the Hoot Bake Sale
Romi & Helene have been doing such a great job over the past few years, but we need someone to learn the ropes! Involves communicating with baker volunteers before the Hoot, setting up and manning the Bake Sale at the Hoot with the help of parent volunteers.