We are looking for families to participate in this initiative to help slow down the speed on our residential streets with the purpose of creating a safer community for our residents and most importantly our children.
The Pace Car Program:
A locally delivered, nation-wide program that focuses on raising awareness about speed reduction in the community.
- Many Pace Cars work to calm traffic throughout the neighbourhood. Vehicles become a mobile speed hump, slowing speeding traffic behind them.
- Influences the mindset against speeding.
- Communicates the number of residents that are committed to reducing speed in their neighbourhood. The more people who participate, the better it works.
Why Participate?: To collectively reduce traffic speed on residential and school streets to lower speed limits in the community – to keep our children safe.
What is required. Simply:
- Sign up as Pace Car drivers.
- Sign the Pace Car Supporter Pledge to commit to drive at or below the speed limit.
- Display the official Pace Car emblem (bumper sticker, window cling) on their cars and drive the speed limit.
Window decals and sign-up sheets are located in the office and will be available at Parent Council Meetings.
If you have any questions, please contact Carey Sookocheff and Nancy Kallina at RiverdalePaceCar@gmail.com