The Canadian Union of Public Employees (CUPE) announced that today, CUPE (e.g. custodians, school office staff, educational assistants) has started a partial withdrawal of services which includes:
- Not sweeping entrances and hallways
- Not doing school compost programs
- Not cutting grass or cleaning up leaves unless there is a safety concern
- Not collecting or accepting money for school-related initiatives and fundraising
A full list of CUPE’s directives to its members is available at http://www.tdsb.on.ca/labour.
Running Club Parent Coaches, Elizabeth Gladney and Karen Malone will host an optional practice at Ashbridges Bay Park on Saturday, September 26th from 3pm to 4pm.
Continue reading Saturday, September 26 Run Club Practice
Please join us for the first Parent Council Meeting of the year this Thursday, Sept. 24 at 6:30 pm in the library!
Here is the agenda:
1. Meet Karen Jordan, Pape’s new principal!
2. Hoot & Howl update – Christine Gullage and PC co-chairs
3. Silent Auction update – Jen Carson
4. Pace Car initiative – Nancy Kallina
Hope to see you there! Continue reading Agenda for PC meeting on Thursday
We’re excited to move the Silent Auction to it’s own night this year on Friday, November 20th. We’ll need a lot of help on and before that day to make it happen. Please sign up to help make this a fantastic and fun event for Parents, friends and neighbours of Pape PS!
The Elementary Teachers’ Federation of Ontario (ETFO) announced that Phase 3 of its work-to-rule campaign will begin on Monday, September 21, 2015. The new actions include not:
- Filling in for absent teachers
- Participating in interviews with parents, unless there is a concern about a student’s progress
- Updating or distributing classroom blogs, websites or newsletters
- Updating Individual Education Plans by the deadline
- Preparing report card comments
- Running extra-curricular activities on Wednesdays
ETFO has indicated that if sufficient progress is not made, it may implement rotating one day strikes in October.
Students participating in Running Club are offered the opportunity to buy Pape Ave Running Club t-shirts for the upcoming Cross Country Meet on October 8th.
Continue reading Run Club – T shirt Order Forms
The following dates have been marked for Pape Ave races. More details to follow in advance of these meets.
South Meet – Thurs. Oct. 8 (Ashbridges)
South Conference Finals – Fri. Oct. 16 (Ashbridges)
City Finals – Thurs. Oct. 22 (Centennial)
As well, we’re posting general information about the meet & how the results are tallied.
running club 2015_cross country meet info